Rest And Recuperate

The Chinese new year is just around the corner, more like tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it simply because I'll be off the entire week until next Monday ... woohoo ... which should give me pretty much a lot of opportunities to run but I'm going to do the exact opposite.

I've been pushing myself a little too hard the last month and my legs and body are beginning to show signs of fatigue. While I love running and would welcome the coming holidays as an opportunity to put in more mileage I also value my body. I don't want to ruin it to the point of getting injuries and putting my running on hold.

So, this CNY, I'm just going to sit back and take a much needed break from running, at least for a couple of days, just to let my body and legs repair itself. But that doesn't mean I'll be inactive. I plan to do some light weight workouts just so I don't slack off completely.

Before I go, I'd like to wish you all in Malaysia who celebrate the festival a Gong Xi Fa Cai. And remember, drive safe while you're on the road and be kind to anyone running on the roads :D

Comments