Too Much Work, Too Little Running ...

Sometimes I wished I worked in a less demanding industry, something not so hectic that would see me head home at 5.00pm with loads of time for me to indulge in my passion for running.

I should have listened to my mom when I was young and gone and work in some government agency or something instead of insisting in wanting to join the 'awesome, glamourous and wonderful' advertising and print industry. Imagine the amount of time I would have in my hands to run if I was working with the government!

The past week or two has seen me running very inconsistently, which is a little worrying seeing as how I have my maiden marathon to run in 3 months time. Work wise, I've been under a lot of stress running around and organizing countless event set ups, vehicle wraps (which surprisingly has suddenly come by the dozens) and signage installations that I've been working from morning to the wee hours of the next morning.

The current F1 race this weekend has been one of the culprits in keeping me up till the wee hours of the morning the past week doing event backdrop set ups in town and at the Sepang International Circuit for one of our clients who don't really know what they want which has us doing everything at least twice ... siggghhh ...

It wouldn't be so bad if I was working for someone cos then my bosses would have all this organizing and logistical headaches but running your own company tends to make the headache and responsibility all mine (and my partner's as well). We can't afford to screw up cos for me, losing a good client, in fact any client, is NOT an option.

But I suppose work is what pays the bills (and also for my cravings for running shoes ... LOL!) and I'll just have to find some way to squeeze in some running around all the work that I have. I'm just glad it's the weekend cos at least I can work on my long runs. I'm planning to make the weekend runs count to make up for my screwed up weekday run schedule.

The past 4 or 5 runs in the GOrun's has seen me running effortlessly albeit shorter distances so I'm eager to see if that'll carry on with my longer runs. It's been a long while since I've been running absolutely pain free and effortless that I'm hoping it's a sign of good things to come. Maybe having on my feet a shoe that Meb endorses has something to do with it ... hahaha!

Anyways, happy weekend and run happy.

Comments

  1. Just think of the money earned afterwards that can spent for shoes and races. :)

    Don't forget to get a well-deserved break after all the jobs are done, Nick!

    BTW, do you both Brooks' Flow and Launch shoes, Nick? What's your take on them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the money was good but it's not.

      I don't know anything about the Flows, I have the Connects, Jamie did an excellent review on the Flows, you can check with him.

      The Launch is a more cushioned light weight trainers than the Pure series but it's a neutral shoes.

      Delete
  2. At least you still updating your blogs :P
    I am too busy and too tired to update mine...
    time to dust off a bit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been lazy too as you can see by this very short posting :D

      Delete
  3. So this is your running blog... Will be visiting whenever possible to get inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment